Mar 31, 2018
Coworking is a growing phenomenon in India and across the globe. Coworking spaces are office spaces in which businesses and individuals are able to rent a workstation or desk and are able to share all the necessary office facilities with other co-tenants. This trend of working is an indication of the change in work patterns in the prevailing professional world.
There are several critics who witness the casualization of a large portion of the workforce as something which is inherently harmful, but this is not the actual case. The evolved technology, long list of flexibilities and cost-effectiveness are making coworking spaces a hotspot for several professionals across different industries.
Majority of us make resolutions at the beginning of the year that we would try and transform ourselves. However, we know that these changes are hard to come about. Although many of us want to enhance our productivity at our workplaces, we seldom end up being successful in our endeavors.
Have you ever tried caring less about your work and still witnessed more achievement? If not, what’s the harm in trying out something different? Try out the following for a month or so and see if there is some positive difference coming in.
1. Handling challenges with ease– This is an accepted universally fact that skimming through the course of life is a preferred choice rather than feeling emasculated by it. If you enjoy what you are doing, then even a tough task seems to be easier at times. Enjoying what you do does not mean that you are being careless. Caring less is not bad but ending up being careless certainly is. You should not be confused as there is a stark difference between the two. The entire approach should be such that you should process your work in a simple manner so that it does not bring stress and tension. You should consider opting for some hobbies and activities apart from your work to bring in a pleasant change and this would eventually enhance your productivity in your workplace. A coworking space gives you an environment which reduces your stress even when you are working on certain critical projects. The reasons for the same are the ambient and comfortable environment. The specially designed spaces, myriad of facilities for unwinding at the coworking spaces makes it easier to concentrate and enables you to handle your work challenges with ease which eventually increases your productivity.
2. Maintaining work-life balance– In today’s world, corporate professionals lack the skill to diversify their lives and end up caring a lot about things which they have no control over. Here are some of the simple steps to follow to diversify your life.
- Creating the desired value in your projects is more crucial than just procrastinating & dedicating long hours to your work. One of the major factors which influence success while caring less is to wisely analyze your time and then devote a specific amount of time for everything that you do.
- You should leave work on time as it is an unending process. It is rarely possible to get done with everything that we ought to do. So, it is wise not to try doing so in the first place.
- Try to be less needy as this is the basis of your happiness and productivity. If you indulge the least in the materialistic desires, you would be able to find happiness in your existence eventually. Adopt amenities and luxuries which are good enough to keep you going. Do not indulge in lavishness that is not required even if you can afford them. Operating from a coworking space teaches you all the above things and most of the times you learn a lot from your peers while interacting with them.
3. Do not try too hard– This is undeniable that there is nothing wrong with working hard but neglecting the other parts of your life is indeed not right. In today’s society, people seldom realize the value and power of human interactions. Most of us limit or minimize our interactions as we start growing up. This is not the right thing to do. This is a proven fact that we can achieve a lot more in our lives by balancing our other favorite activities alongside our work. When we are young, we perceive life as a perpetual race but as we grow older and wiser, our perspective changes. Life is not at all a rat race; instead, it is like the waves that appear in the oceans. So, we never know where these waves originate and how close is the shore where it recedes. But we can ride this wave and enjoy the journey. So, it would be wise if you stop trying very hard. You will receive many such inspirations when you are operating from a coworking space.
So, let’s try out changing our work style and feel the difference. Caring a little less can help us achieve a lot in our work front. What do you think about it? Write to us in the comment box below.